Name:

I grin, therefore I am.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

BROKEBACK GRIDIRON

(Associated Press) The final pre-Super-Bowl press conference took a decidedly awkward turn on Saturday, when Patriots coach Bill Belichick stepped more than a few yards "over the line" when expressing his respect for Tom Coughlin, coach of the Giants. Asked for his views of Coughlin, Belichick said, "He's one of the finest coaches I've ever known. He is one of the finest men I've ever known, or could ever hope to know. When I look at his face, I see strength combined with gentleness. I see confidence blended with vulnerability. I want to hold him close to me, kiss him on the lips, and bear his child."

Coughlin's face turned scarlet as reporters looked to him for a response. In a soft voice, with moist eyes cast downward, he simply said, "I'm a married man, Bill. I'm a married man."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Counter