Name:

I grin, therefore I am.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

A-ROD AND GOD: WHICH ONE'S PAYING FOR DINNER?

With New York Yankee superstar Alex Rodriguez on the verge of signing a 10-year, $300-million dollar contract with the Bronx Bombers, sports pundits have grown fond of saying that "A-Rod will have more money than God."

Well, not quite.

According to the latest issue of Forbes magazine, a salary of $30 million per year would put the future Hall-of-Famer in 3rd place, right behind God the Father and Allah. Here are the 2006 salaries paid to some of the universe's major deities, according to Forbes:

  1. God the Father $52.5 million
  2. Allah $47.8 million
  3. A-Rod $30 million (2007)
  4. Yahweh $21.3 million
  5. The Son of God $16.2 million
  6. The Holy Ghost $11.4 million
  7. The Daughter of God $3.6 million

The lowest-paid Supreme Being in 2006 was Gouda el Grande, a large wedge of cheese worshipped by residents of a small village in southern France. Gouda, who worked only part-time, made $42,500 plus benefits.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is so unfair. Why would A-Rod make more more $$ than academics? I mean, academics have power over life and death. I know that everytime I schedule an exam the grandmother of at least one of my students dies. I bet A-Rod can't do that! I want a raise!

Alex

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Counter