Name:

I grin, therefore I am.

Monday, December 18, 2006

CLINTON, POWELL TO WED IN 2007 -- WOW!

Grin has learned that, early next year, New York Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton will announce her engagement to former Secretary of State Colin Powell. Political analysts are hailing this move as a "master stroke" of Presidential campaign positioning. Polls indicate that 87% of the people who despise Clinton adore Powell, and that 98% of those who adore Clinton also adore Powell. "This is a can't-lose proposition for the Senator," proclaims talking head George Will. "The marriage will solidify her Democratic base, and hijack millions of moderate Republican votes. God almighty, the woman is a genius! Bye-bye, Obama; you're toast!"

When asked for his reaction to this breaking story, Bill Clinton, the Senator's current husband, responded, "Given my track record, I'm in no position to judge my wife's decisions in these matters. I'm still in the doghouse. But I do plan to keep the former Secretary of State in my prayers."

Senator Obama declined to comment, and noted that he and Katie Couric, seen together recently at a New York Knicks game at Madison Square Garden, were "just friends."

Thank-you's go out to Fran and Duncan, who served as fact-checkers for this posting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Counter