Name:

I grin, therefore I am.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

PARIS HILTON AND THE PUBLIC GOOD

It looks like Paris Hilton won't be going to jail for 45 days after all. An Internet petition requesting that she be pardoned, with over 800 signatures, was received by the office of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger this week. (I'm not making this up.)

In response, the judge in the case has agreed to void the sentence on two conditions: (1) those who signed the petition on behalf of Ms. Hilton must agree never to reproduce, and (2) they must be willing to put up for adoption any children they may already have.

In the words of the judge, "the fans of Paris Hilton, taken as a group, represent the most serious long-term threat to the quality of humanity's gene pool since 1417, when Kazmir the Lesser, the idiot son of the Grand Duke of Eastern Barcinia, cheated on his wife and impregnated a woodchuck. I am certain that the greater good is served by my decision in this instance."

Grin wholeheartedly agrees, Judge. Good job.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...I was reading this in my Zen Buddhism lecture class (don't be mad, I was listening to the professor as well) and I laughed out loud. Whoops. I think my professor appreciated it, he laughs a lot too. It was very zen.

-Christa

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With a Woodchuck? Is that why they call him "the lesser?"

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With a Woodchuck? Is that why they call him "the lesser?"

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, the anonymous posts above are mine. I was so excited I forgot to sign in.

Alex

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Counter