Name:

I grin, therefore I am.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

LIGHTS....CAMERA....SCURRY

Tonight I went to see "Letters from Iwo Jima," which tells the story of the Battle of Iwo Jima from the Japanese perspective. A few months ago, of course, there was "Flags of Our Fathers," which presents the same story from the American vantage point. According to an Associated Press article in today's New York Times, Director Clint Eastwood goes for a "three-peat" in the spring of 2007, when he begins filming "Stop Blowin' Up My Damn House," in which the battle is viewed through the eyes of a family of woodchucks who live on the island. When AP reporter Trish Thomas asked Eastwood if he thought a third movie would "trivialize" the tragedy of Iwo Jima, the director pointed a loaded ground hog at Ms. Thomas and whispered huskily, "Make my day."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Counter