Name:

I grin, therefore I am.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

HELP ME DO THE RIGHT THING

This morning, as I walked across the university campus where I teach, a female student was striding in front of me. She was wearing a tight pair of gym shorts with the word "CHEER!" emblazoned in big letters across her backside.

I'm never sure of what passes for proper etiquette in these situations. Am I supposed to shout:

"GIMME AN A!

GIMME AN S!

GIMME ANOTHER S!

WHADDYA GOT.....?"

Or would that have been considered out of line? I could really use some help with this, in case I see her again tomorrow. Thanks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are tenured you can say virtually anything- unless she is the Chairman of the Board's daughter!

If non-tenured , it is best to keep things to yourself.


Alex
(P.S. Welcome Back to campus!!!)

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get confused about exposed bra straps. Once an embarrassment, they are now fashion statements. I missed that memo.
Is it appropriate to compliment someone on a particularly spiffy pair of bra straps?
Is this meant to draw men's eyes up to her shoulders?
Confused,
Dave

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Counter