Name:

I grin, therefore I am.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

FAITH RESTORED!

Nothing could have prepared me for this. In the five days since my post about Grin's financial troubles, the money has been pouring in. Thousands of donations, in all denominations, from all parts of the country and the world. Remember the final scene in "It's a Wonderful Life"? I feel like George Bailey. Here's just a sampling of the messages I've received:

"I wuz plannin' on stickin' up a 7-Eleven so I could buy me some crack cocaine. But after I done read what you wrote, I robbed a Wal-Mart instead. I'm sendin' you everything I got." -- Mojo Man, Rochester, New York ($2500 plus three plastic lawn chairs)

"Dear Mr. Morris: I'm kinda broke right now, so I'm enclosing my pancreas." -- Spencer T., Middlevale Psychiatric Hospital, Wichita, Kansas (one pancreas)

"Your postings exposing government-sponsored mistreatment of Maine potatoes have changed forever the way I think about tubers. I love you, Mike." -- Melanie G., Montpelier, Vermont ($250)

"I sold my baby to raise money for 'Grin,' and I'm not ashamed to say so." -- Gretchen K., Sante Fe, New Mexico ($750)

"Here's a nickel I dropped in the toilet yesterday by accident. I don't want it anymore." -- Stevie (age 6), Charlottesville, Virginia (5 cents)

"Boom! Ha-ha-ha-ha!" -- Mr. Z., Pyongyang, North Korea (nugget of plutonium, valued at approximately $6500)

I could go on, but I think the message is clear. The bills are paid, and Grin is back in business. My thanks to everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger AlexG said...

I am doing a HAPPY DANCE!!!

I can't live without my weekly dose of GRIN!!!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Counter